Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thankyou

A big thankyou to all my blogging friends for your love and support Oh and the hugs
It hasn,t been the best week Scans MRIS and Doctors visits with my Darling Daughter
When Jim is at work I spend as much time as I can with her and at the moment she can't drive so between Jim and myself and our dear younger daughter we are driving her wherever she needs to go
She didn't get the best news I'm afraid
Cancer is definately in the miningy (excuse spelling) From my understanding the fluid beween the brain and the skull Thankfully not in the brain or the bone ,but is causing pressure on the brain, hence the unbalance and episodes of paralysis down one side
The Docs are hopeful that two weeks of daily radiation to the whole brain and a couple of extra treatments to the area where the cancer is will help
They said that about the time of her wedding her hair will be falling out and she will be extremely tired and lethargic
Was horrified that after the scan Friday of last week on the Monday Lorraine and Lynda were in the shop trying on outfits for the wedding when her oncoligist rang on her mobile to say she had a brain tumour
Where has the compassion in the Medical profession gone?
She had more scans on Tuesday to see if the cancer in the breast and lung were stable No results there as yet
We are all feeling a bit low at the moment
If I havent replied to you all in person Please forgive me

6 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say other than I am so sorry the news wasn't good. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Illene, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.....how I wish things were different....take care and hugs to you all.....lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Illene,
    My prayers are with you all through these hard times. I wish that I could hug you!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending prayers your way--its not much, but it does work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illene - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. I have not been posting much and just now found out about your daughter. I agree with you that sometimes the lack of compassion among my colouges can make one very angry. Some of the Doctors I work around can be this way also.
    Take care of yourself during all this.
    Angel Barbara in TX

    ReplyDelete
  6. AM so sorry to hear about your daughter am thinking of you all x

    ReplyDelete