Tuesday, September 14, 2010

AUSSIE QUILT

Lorraine asked me to make a quilt for her oncoligist who is leaving in December and going home to Canada
This is what I came up with
I hope she likes it
Lorraine has had a few Oncolagists since her diagnosis and most of them have been fairly abrupt and seemingly uncaring
The young doctor who this quilt is going to, has been so lovely and caring Lorraine will miss her
Since her operation Lorraine hasnt been able to survive without oxygen Prior she had not been using it
Tomorrow she is going to Peter Mac for a Broncoscopy to see if they can find out the reason for her breathing difficulties
The weather is starting to warm up here and today it was a beautiful spring day, but more rain is predicted for tomorrow
Have been trying to get some gardening done while the sun shines
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful. It can be hard to find a good doctor. Too bad she is leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt! I'm sure she will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a great Aussie quilt for the young doctor.
    Hope they find something to help Lorrine.
    Yes we are having lovely spring weather but still cold at night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the Doc will just simply love it.... I do hope her breathing gets better but it is amazing how she is always thinking of others, whether you have to do the work or not, I am sure it is a pleasure for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Illene, that quilt is fabulous! I know the doctor will be thrilled with it. And I, too, am so sorry to hear that Lorraine is losing yet another doctor...and this time one that she likes and trusts. I will keep her in my prayers that she finds another oncologist like the one she is losing, and that the docs find what is causing her the breathing troubles and are able to alleviate the problem!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very aussie quilt......hope the breathing improves for Lorraine.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just back from hols. So pleased you enjoyed such a happy break yourself Illene - the snowman looks great fun.

    Fantastic quilt you have so kindly made for Lorraine's doc. Such gifts are treasured and much appreciated I know.

    Much thought still going out for Lorraine. Poor love she certainly has had a lot to deal with. Good positives abound though in knock on ways. Her kindness and consideration, your kindness, medical care - so much love swilling around. ((((((((hugs))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really lovely keepsake, I'm sure the doctor will love it
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure that the doctor will love it! You are so sweet to make it!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that doctor will treasure that quilt. It is beautiful! I haven't been keeping up with blogs so am sorry to hear about your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an absolutely fantastic job on the quilt! I'm sure the Dr. will be very pleased with it! Good to hear that Lorraine is doing a little better...even baby steps are a good thing!

    ReplyDelete